Purfresh active atmosphere
technology is not only highly effective, it’s also easy to use. Designed to align with existing logistics processes, the Purfresh system offers shippers and carriers alike a number of benefits, including:
- Global availability—Purfresh is broadly available from ocean carriers all over the world.
- “Per-Trip Service” flexibility—Just ask for Purfresh when the cargo needs extra protection.
- Compatibility—Purfresh works with entire fleet; it’s not limited to new or leak-proof containers.
- Pre-trip simplicity—The portable unit simply mounts into the existing evaporator fan access panel and can be
operational in as little as 15 minutes. No special pre-trip preparation is required (e.g., leak tests, curtains, etc.).
- Non-intrusiveness—Purfresh does not take up valuable cargo space inside the container.
Purfresh is the only solution proven effective to minimize decay, control ripening, and enhance food safety without the use of chemicals, making it an ideal solution to protect decay-prone or ethylene-sensitive cargo. Scientifically engineered, the system enhances the atmosphere inside the container with an active form of oxygen—commonly referred to as ozone—to control molds, yeasts, ethylene, Salmonella, E. coli, Listeria and other contaminants in the air and on surfaces. Because it uses oxygen from the air, Purfresh is able to continuously generate ozone throughout the voyage.
to learn more about the power of ozone.
Certified for use with organic produce and approved by the USDA and the FDA, ozone acts as a powerful, residue-free disinfectant that immediately reverts to oxygen, leaving the product’s natural taste, texture, and smell intact.